- Shaaron Linwood — Director, President
- Brian Brown — Director, Vice President
- James Crompton — Director, Treasurer
- Gordon Malcolm — Director, Secretary
- Alan Ryan — Director
- Gerard Simon — Director
- Peter Hodge — Director
- Carly Meyer — Director
- Katrina Mellick — Ordinary Member
- John Blair — Ordinary Member
- Maxwell Slade — Ordinary Member
- Frances Herriott — Ordinary Member
- Jim Chapman — Patron / Life member
- Kevin Wadley — Life Member
We are a community based, non- profit organisation that has been providing accommodation and care since 1977 to the Atherton Tablelands community.
Our residential aged care service offers accommodation care to 131 elderly citizens
Carinya Home operates under the direction of an annually elected Board of Directors, which meets monthly. The Board is concerned with the strategic direction of organisation.
Vision, Mission & Values
Our Vision & Mission
To provide lifestyle options for those who are frail in a supportive and caring environment through our commitment to provide professional quality services
Our Values & Philosophy
To provide for our Residents quality care and services with kindness and compassion
To uphold the dignity, privacy, independence and comfort of individuals, each of whom merit the highest respect
To conduct our operations with honesty and integrity
To promote a holistic approach to maintaining the wellbeing of individuals, promoting participation in a healthy community and support spiritual and emotional wellbeing.
- Operational day to day management is in the hands of the Chief Executive Officer, David Osborne who is responsible for achieving the corporate goals and overall operations of Carinya Home.
- Director of Care – Robyn Brady is responsible for overseeing all aspects of nursing care delivery to Residents within Carinya Home, including Infection Control.
- Finance Manager Aimee Foster oversees the Administration team and is responsible for financial operations, compliance, and internal and external Financial Reporting.
- Human Resource & Admissions Supervisor Sonya Kelly is responsible for overseeing employee onboarding and management and coordinating Resident admissions with the Clinical Team.
- The Quality Manager Louise Carey is responsible for coordinating and recording continuous improvement activities to meet accreditation standards.
- Enid Collins Lodge, Jim Chapman Lodge and Kevin Wadley Lodge Clinical Nurse Consultants Helen Fletcher and Jodie Melvin, are responsible for all aspects of nursing care services to Residents.
- The Maintenance Manager Stewart Grandcourt is responsible for maintenance and repairs throughout all buildings and gardening services of the Home.
- Catering, Dining, Cleaning & Laundry operations are the responsibility of the Hospitality Services Coordinator, Thor Bouttell.
- Human Resources Co-Ordinator Rachel Grandcourt has responsibility for coordinating the recruitment and onboarding processes, and mandatory and ongoing education for all staff as part of our continuous improvement strategy to maintain the standard of care to Residents.